A Monthly Newsletter of Faith Theological Seminary
in this issue
- About Faith Theological Seminary
- God’s Will for My Life?
- Associates for Biblical Research
- Dr. Manohar at Wilson Park C.C. Church
- Faculty Spotlight
About Faith Theological Seminary
Faith Theological Seminary has been preparing believers of Jesus Christ for Christian ministry since 1937.
The mission of Faith Theological Seminary is to prepare men and women for the dissemination of the Gospel of Jesus Christ locally and globally. By teaching the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God efficiently and training in practical ministry, the Seminary seeks to produce graduates, who do the work of missionaries, pastors, and theological teachers through preaching, teaching, and applying the Word of God by the power of the Holy Spirit.
God’s Will for My Life?
It’s not all that hard to find!
If you have ever asked the question, “What is God’s will for my life?” God’s will for your life is not some mystical thing that is elusive or hard to find. God’s will is written in His Word:
- It is God’s will for the Christian not to be conformed to the world but have your mind renewed – (Rom 12:2 NKJV) And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
- It is God’s will that the Christian financially supporting the ministry of the Gospel – (2 Cor 8:5 NKJV) And not only as we had hoped, but they first gave themselves to the Lord, and then to us by the will of God.
- It is God’s will for the Christian to work for his employer as he were working for God Himself – (Eph 6:6-7 NKJV) not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, with goodwill doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men.
- It is God’s will for the Christian to be spiritually mature – (Col 4:12 NKJV) Epaphras, who is one of you, a bondservant of Christ, greets you, always laboring fervently for you in prayers, that you may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.
- It is God’s will for the Christian to abstain from sexual sins – (1 Th 4:3-4 NKJV) For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor.
- It is God’s will for the Christian to thank God in everything – (1 Th 5:18 NKJV) in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- It is God’s will for the Christian to suffer – (1 Pet 4:19 NKJV) Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.
Associates for Biblical Research
The modern science of archaeology, which began in the mid-1800’s, has revolutionized our knowledge of the ancient Biblical world. Many archaeological discoveries relate directly to Scripture and confirm the historicity of the Biblical record. Other discoveries provide fascinating background material for the Biblical narratives. As people are made aware of these discoveries, the Bible suddenly comes alive and Bible study is made more interesting and meaningful.
Today’s technology has enabled archaeological research and publication to be greatly accelerated. More information is now being produced than ever before. It is even hard for professionals to keep up with the most recent developments. That’s why the ministry of the Associates for Biblical Research is so important and valuable.
Faith has partnered with the Associates for Biblical Research and encourages our students to go to the website: www.biblearchaeology.org to download informative resources and even to become part of history by registering to accompany Director Dr. Scott Stripling to one of his excursions to dig for biblical artifacts at Shiloh, Israel.
When the Word of God accommodates itself to social forces, it ceases to be the Word of God and becomes the word of man.
~ Dr. Carl McIntire
Dr. Norman Manohar at Wilson Park C.C. Church
In March 2019 Dr. Norman Manohar was invited by the Associate Ministers of the Wilson Park Christian Community Church (Senior Pastor Stevie Thompson) to be the guest speaker at their Sunday worship service.
Faith Theological Seminary (FTS) exists to collaborate with local churches for biblical and theological training unto the glory of God.
To that end, our president, Dr. Norman Manohar, is available to preach at your church and/or speak at other events. The primary goal is to bless you and edify your congregation. Secondly, we would like to promote FTS among gospel-preaching churches and ministries. Please call (410) 323-6211 to request Dr. Manohar.
Jerry Harmon, B.A., M.Div., Ph.D.
Dr. Jerry R. Harmon is Senior Pastor of Grace Bible Baptist Church in Catonsville, Maryland. He was educated at Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary (TN) where he received a Master of Divinity and a Ph.D majoring in Hebrew and OT with minors in NT Greek and Theology. Dr. Harmon also did graduate studies in Hebrew at Johns Hopkins University in his hometown, Baltimore, MD. Dr. Harmon once served as Senior Pastor of Ellendale Baptist Church, Bartlett, TN just outside of Memphis, before being called to back to serve in Baltimore.
Dr. Harmon once again lives in Baltimore with his wife (Carolyn). He has four adult children (Abby, Jeremiah, Josiah, and Annie). When he is not preaching he enjoys spending time with his family, reading the Puritans, working with the church staff and getting to know the people of Grace Bible Baptist Church.
“Faith Theological Seminary doesn’t just teach you but makes you a good teacher.
I feel relaxed and peaceful as I enter into the building… built by great professors, doctorates and talented staff.
I do experience the presence of the Holy Spirit of God.”
– Grace G.