Fees and Financial Policies
A non-refundable $50 application fee is required with each application submitted to the Admissions Office. No application will be processed without this fee.
Tuition Cost (per credit hour)
- Certificate in Biblical Studies – $230
- Bachelor of Arts in Religion Degree Program – $230
- Master of Divinity Degree Program – $285
- Doctoral Degree Programs – $400
Auditing (per course)
- Bachelor of Arts in Religion Degree Program – $100
- Master of Divinity Degree Program – $150
- Doctoral Degree Programs – $250
- Add/Drop Fee (after week 1) $10
- Graduation Fee $100
- I-20 Processing Fee $100
- Late Registration Fee $50
- Library Fee (per semester) $50
- Registration Fee $50
- Reinstating Fee $25
- Student Activities Fee (per semester) $20
- Technology Fee (per semester) $55
- Transcript Fee (per request) $10
- Verification Letters $10
- Seminary Catalog (hard copy) $10
- Continuation Fee (per semester) $500 (for registered doctoral students not taking classes)
- Doctoral Exam Fee $2,000
Payment of Accounts
All tuition and fees (from all students) are received at the Business Office by the Business Manager. All tuition and fees are due in full on or before the day of registration. At the end of each month a 2.5 % late fee will be assessed on any outstanding balance. Tuition payments are to be made in the Business Office. Visa and Master Card payments are accepted. No registration without payment is permitted without written approval from the Business Office.
Non-payment of Accounts
All tuition accounts are due and payable on or before the day of registration. A student’s registration is not complete, and he or she may not attend classes, until all financial obligations are paid or contractual arrangements have been made for settling the account with the Business Office.
Students with a balance due in their accounts on the final day the class meets for any given term (including each intensive course):
- They shall not receive an official grade for any courses taken in that term, and
- They shall not be permitted to register for further studies at Faith Theological Seminary until the account is fully paid.
All accounts due the Seminary must be paid in full before a student can receive a degree. No transcripts can be released to a student owing a balance in any account (library, tuition, etc.) to the Seminary.
A non-refundable fee of $100 must accompany any Graduation Application. This is required before a student will be presented as a degree candidate.
A transcript, record of courses taken and grades received, will be issued upon graduation. Any other transcripts must be requested in writing to the Registrar, accompanied with payment of $10 for each transcript requested.
1. Regular Courses: Any student who withdraws from courses or the Seminary in writing and whose withdrawal is officially approved, may receive a refund of tuition and course related fees as follows:
- 100% if dropped before the first week of classes
- 90% if withdrawal is before the end of the first week of classes
- 80% if withdrawal is before the end of the second week of classes
- 70% if withdrawal is before the end of the third week of classes
- 60% if withdrawal is before the end of the fourth week of classes
- 50% if withdrawal is before the end of the fifth week of classes
- 40% if withdrawal is before the end of the sixth week of classes
- There are no refunds after the sixth week classes
2. Module courses:
- Courses dropped by the end of the first 4 hours – 100% refund of tuition
- Courses dropped by the end of the first 8 hours – 50% refund of tuition
- Courses dropped after the first 8 hours of class – no refund
Failure to attend class does not constitute withdrawal. It is the student’s responsibility to complete the appropriate form for withdrawing from a course.
Courses are officially dropped when a Drop/Add form has been signed by the instructor and has been turned in to the Registrar’s Office. The Registrar will inform the Business Office of the refund allowed. Please allow four weeks for a refund.
Students who have officially withdrawn from studies for more than one year are charged a $25 Reinstating fee.