Master of Divinity
Three-year program: 90 credits
Seventeen Biblical Theology Courses
Five Systematic Theology Courses
Two Historical Theology Courses
Six Practical Theology Courses
All M.Div. courses are 3 credit hours
The Master of Divinity (M.Div.) is a three year professional degree program designed to train men and women preparing to serve Christ in pastoral and other Christian ministries. The Master of Divinity degree is designed to meet the needs of pastors or other full-time Christian workers, especially those who wish to improve their ability to study, understand, and proclaim the Word of God. It covers a traditional seminary curriculum including Biblical, Exegetical, Systematic, Historical, and Practical Theology.
Upon the completion of this program, graduates may work in marriage and family ministry, pastorate, missions, campus/collegiate ministries, biblical and theological studies, evangelism, doctoral studies, or teaching in a university or seminary.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- verbalize a general knowledge of the Bible, including a systematic understanding of the major books.
- evidence an understanding of the historical development of theology, and an ability to support their theological views and apply them to contemporary issues.
- demonstrate ability to do exegesis in the Hebrew and Greek texts of the Bible.
- evidence an understanding of the educational program of the local church and an awareness of the worldwide mission of the church.
- lead a local church or other group by means of biblical exposition, leadership skills, evangelism, and service.