Bachelor of Arts in Religion
Four-year program: 120 credits
Sixteen General Education courses
Twenty-four Bible and Theology courses
All BAR courses are 3 credit hours
The Bachelor of Arts in Religion (BAR) program is a four-year academic degree for those who are interested in completing an undergraduate degree that will increase their knowledge and effectiveness by developing a more complete biblical and theological understanding. This degree is offered with a major in Biblical and Theological Studies and minors in Ministry and Counseling. The Bachelor of Arts in Religion program provides General Education and Theological training for persons committed to various church and parachurch ministries. Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the Bible, interpret Scripture’s original meaning, and apply Scripture to contemporary situations. This will enable graduates to minister within a local church or other group by means of leadership skills, evangelism, counseling, and service.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- exhibit creative and critical thinking skills.
- demonstrate effectiveness in oral and written communication.
- understand theological doctrine, proclaiming and living according to the gospel of Christ towards the formation of character and wisdom towards the transformation of the world in the expansion of God’s kingdom.
- critically and constructively apply a biblical worldview as it relates to various disciplines.
- demonstrate knowledge of the Bible, Christian theology, and church history with the purpose of ministry application.
- demonstrate knowledge of General Education subjects of English, Mathematics, and Physical and Social Sciences.